South African platinum miner, Anglo Platinum, which is owned by the Anglo American mining conglomerate, is inviting applications for its 2016 learnerships at two of its platinum mines in Limpopo – Mogalakwena Platinum Mine just outside Mokopane and Amandelbult in Thabazimbi. There are 28 opportunities in total – 10 in Amandelbult and 18 in Mogalakwena. Learners will be trained to be come artisans in the following fields: auto electricians; electrician; earth moving mechanic; rigger ropesman; diesel mechanic; millwright; measurement control and instrumentation; plater welder / boilermaker; and fitter including machining.
What are the requirements?
To be considered you must have any of the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 / Matric with Mathematics and English minimum 40% pass (Physical Science added advantage)
- N2 certificate with 4 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (added advantage) – see list of subjects for N2
- NCV Level 3 – In appropriate trade.
- Reside in the communities surrounding the mines.
ONLY for those with N2, take note of the following subjects for each trade:
- Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics);
- Fitting (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Fitting & Machining Trade Theory);
- Diesel Mechanic / Earth Moving mechanic (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Diesel Trade Theory)
- Plater / Welder (Maths; Engineering Science; Plating and Structural Drawing, Plater’s Theory)
- Rigger (Maths; Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing; Rigging Theory)
- Auto Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Motor Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
- Millwright (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Fitting trade theory, engineering technical drawing; Industrial Electronics) – This is a 4 year qualification
How to apply?
Before applying, click here to download more information about this learnership. It is important that you read this information.
Use any one or these three methods to apply:
- To apply for this learnership programme, send your detailed CV, and certified copies of ID and highest qualifications to the recruitment officer at the Mogalakwena or Amandelbult mines;
- OR send your applications by email to email@example.com with this in the subject line Engineering Learnership B6 – Ref No: 715947 also indicating your preferred mine of placement between Mogalakwena and Amandelbult, which you should stay close to;
- OR apply online by clicking here
Closing date: 29 June 2018