About the job:
The CSIR has a vacancy for Sales Associate: Associations and NGOs in the CSIR International Convention Centre (ICC). The incumbent will secure local, national and international association and NGO conferences in order to meet the CSIR ICC sales and market targets. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Prepare and implement an annual sales plan for the association and NGO markets;
- Research the association and NGO markets and generate viable leads for sales calls;
- Research to understand and report on the competition and customer preferences and behaviour;
- Participate during annual strategic planning process;
- Visit and meet with potential customers (sales calls);
- Coordinate and host site inspections for potential clients;
- Prepare bids, proposals and quotations for potential customers and follow up to secure sales;
- Achieve sales targets through sales activities;
- Generate monthly reports;
- Co-ordinate and represent the CSIR ICC stand at trade shows;
- Ensure proper interdepartmental communication during and after event handover and provide onsite event support to Event Coordinator;
- Deliver CSIR ICC presentations at tradeshows, workshops, industry events etc.;
- Build relations with academia fraternity and the national committees of associations;
- Represent the CSIR ICC as the primary contact with industry associations; and
- Maintain relationships with the national, regional and city convention bureaus.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A diploma with at least five years’ experience in the local and international conferencing environment;
- Experience in research, selling and promotional activities to the association market;
- Strong understanding of the bidding process for international conferences
- Knowledge of the International Convention Centre’s products, services, capabilities and facilities;
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work extraordinary hours;
- High level of professionalism;
- Driver’s license and own vehicle is an added advantage.
Closing date: 29 October 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at Recruitmentinfo@csir.co.za