Closing date: 22 January 2019
Operating entity: SA Ops: Secunda Synfuels Operations, PowerStation
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Job Designation: Maintenance Operator: Electrical
Role category: Operations
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To maintain electrical equipment.
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
- Prepare equipment for inspection
- Report deviations and defects to Foreman
- Assist artisans on daily activities
- Lighting and plant plug maintenance
- Earth leakage tests and portable electrical equipment inspection
- Good housekeeping ad high safety standards
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 / N3 with English, Math’s or Science(SG or HG) (Must)
- NQF2 Electrical occupational qualification from an accredited Seta or training authority (Must)
- Valid driver’s licence (Must)
- Basic electrical maintenance experience
- Replacement and repairs of lights and light circuits
- Preventative maintenance execution
- Electrical workshop environment
- Replacement of plugs and junction boxes
- Voltage testing with multimeter and hand tool use
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Functional / Technical
- Understanding of Plant Value chain interactions •Ensure governance and legal compliance •Communication skills •Willing to work shifts as / when required.
- Willing to work overtime as / when required