Closing date: 23 January 2019
Operating entity: SA Ops: Sasol Synfuels Operations
Geographical area: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Department: Refining Electrical
Job Designation: Specialist: Electrical
Role category: Process Optimization
Secunda Synfuels Operations (SSO) operates the world’s largest coal-to-liquids (CTL) facility and produces synthesis gas (syngas) through coal gasification and natural gas reforming, using Sasol’s unique and proprietary Fischer-Tropsch technology to manufacture synthetic fuel components, pipeline gas and chemical feedstock.
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Accountable for first line leadership and management of team members to enable the work of self and team members and building their expertise and skills, and deliver frontline team results such as Safety, Production, Maintenance, Quality, Cost and Motivation.
- Have a clear understanding of the Sasol Operations Standard Framework and assist the AM to execute to standard and identify improvement opportunities.
- Accountable to the area manager for the development and review of equipment maintenance strategies
- Supervisory responsibility with regard to execution of maintenance and related work of team of artisans, including sign off of completed work according to the OPEX work management process.
- Actively drive Work Management systems and performance of area to ensure maintenance strategies are optimized in BU.
- Accountable to area manager as the project leader for shutdown executions (from front end loading to final clearance for operation)
- Custodian of technician competency and certification in BU
- Give inputs into the maintenance budget from the asset standardization and asset maintenance strategies
- Improve the asset performance (up the availability) through improvement plans and actions steps.
- Administration pertaining to supervisory role, including the approval of work hours on SAP R/3 system, leave etc.
- Support Area Manager with shutdown, scoping, planning and execution
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, this position requires physical fitness assessment as part of the selection criteria.
- A valid RSA driver’s license (Must)
- Matric with English, Maths & Physical Science AND Occupational Trade Test (Must)
- Electrical national diploma S4 or bachelor’s degree electrical engineering (Wish)
- Installation Electrician (Must)
- Master Installation Electrician (Strong Wish)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant field as an Artisan with identified and measured leadership (Must)
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.