Salary: R270 377 (Total Cost to company)
- Grade 12 Certificate;
- An appropriate driving experience;
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to record large variety of documents;
- Computer literate;
- Be in possession of a code 14 Driver’s license, Commercial driver’s license Program (CDL).
- Be willing to drive long distance;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Clean driving record;
- Ability to work under pressure and beyond normal hours
- Transport tonnages of waste tires shred;
- Ensure trucks and equipment are safely and securely stored;
- Delivery and collection of tires;
- Conduct daily safety and maintenance checks (preventive maintenance) and ensure vehicles are in good working order, safe and fit for the purpose at the start of work shift.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Adhere to schedule as well as modified routes.
- Plan route using GPS system.
- Maintain communication and coordination with dealers or depots dispatchers.
- Applications must be directed to: The Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria
- Application must be submitted on a signed Z83 application form with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, ID document and a valid Driver’s License (if stated as a requirement) in order to be considered.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The Waste Bureau is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: Criminal records; Citizenship status; Credit-worthiness; Previous employment (reference checks); and Qualification verification.
- All candidates shortlisted for SMS post will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test
relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the Bureau.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic
managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- Furthermore, the person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of a
performance agreement and an employment contract.
- The Waste Bureau reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- No e-mailed, copies of certified copies, faxed, certified copies older than 3 months or late applications will be considered.
- If you have not been contacted within three 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Enquiries: MR D Vukela, Tel: 012 399 8627
For attention: Ms M Seketa
Closing date: 06 September 2019