Closing date: 19 September 2019
Operating entity: Sasol Mining (Sigma Colliery)
Geographical area: Sasolburg, Free State
ABOUT THE ROLE / PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Management of the maintenance process in area of responsibility to enable mining teams to reach production targets within the principles of QCDSM.
- Deliver products and service in accordance with customer requirements.
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment.
- Maintenance of mining equipment.
- Liaise with Service Provider using the equipment.
- Fault finding in Diesel equipment
- Team work
- Training of operators and hired labour.
- Manage fleet of Diesel Machinery, tractors, LHD.s.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment, as part of the normal pre-employment selection criteria.
- Grade 12 / N3 (with Maths AND Science AND English/Business English).
- NQF4 Diesel Mechanic Trade Test
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flameproof Certificate
- Gas Testing Certificate
- 2-5 years’ experience as a qualified Diesel Mechanic.
- Mining equipment experience (Diesel Machinery, tractors, LHD’s).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Self Mastery- Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting
Ability to work independently
Good interpersonal relations
Good negotiation skills
Computer literacy (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP) ( wish )
Team motivational skills
Good communication skills
Committed to Sasol values
Ability to work under pressure
Organising resources and initiative
Team leadership skills
Ability to operate independently as well as in a team
How To Apply: Apply Online
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void.
The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.