Ms. Stella Ndabeni-Abrahams, MP, the Minister of Communications and Digital Technologies, invites the public to nominate persons for
appointment as non-executive members of the Board of the South African Post Office SOC Ltd, in terms of section 11(1)(a) of the South
African Post Office SOC Ltd Act no. 22 of 2011 as amended.
Written nominations must contain the following:
In respect of the nominator; a signed nomination letter bearing the full name, identity number, physical and postal address, telephone number and e-mail address of the nominator.
In respect of nominee, a signed letter of acceptance of the nomination must be accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV); certified proof of academic qualifications including matric certificate; and identity document (ID). The CV must have the following information: identity number, physical and postal addresses; telephone and facsimile number and e-mail address. The candidate should indicate whether she or he serves on the Board or Board Committees of any other organisation and provide such information.
The nominees must be people with a high degree of integrity, honesty, transparency, and accountability and be capable of providing ethical leadership to the entity
The following skills and experience will be considered to ensure the appointment of a balanced Board with a mix of skills to provide proper governance for the successful implementation of SAPO’s mandate:
• Cyber security;
• Digital Transformation;
• Postal services and postal services management;
• Mail Operations, Postal Regulatory (international expertise and understanding of regulation and transformation of the postal sector);
• Property Management;
• Logistics and Courier services;
• Sales and Marketing and e-Commerce;
• Corporate Governance, IT Governance, and Ethics;
• Retail expertise (with a demonstrable successful track record of strategic retail leadership in rural and peri-urban areas);
• Financial inclusion, Finance and financial services (financial accounting, management accounting, financial management, financial
reporting, auditing, risk management, corporate finance, banking, and non-banking financial services);
• Public Sector Finance (Public Finance Management Act) including key Government policies and priorities such as the National
• Legal in corporate law and contracts management;
• Information Communication and Technologies (ICT);
• Supply Chain Management;
• Human capacity development and human resource management;
• Business Analyst;
• Project management;
• Transformation in terms of diversity and inclusion, particularly the delivery of services to underserviced areas; and
• Any other field of expertise that may assist in transforming the Post Office into a sustainable company that meets the developmental objectives of the Republic.
The following proven skills, knowledge, qualifications, and experience in the ICT sector will be added advantage: Public Sector leadership and with relevant experience in legislation and regulation such as SAPO Act, Postbank Act, ECA, PFMA; Digital Skills and Multimedia and Turnaround specialist skills.
Candidates must be South African citizens and will be required to disclose a financial interest in line with section 10 of the Act. In addition, all applicants need to comply with Section 11(4)(c) of the SAPO Act in that members of the Board must be fit and proper persons as contemplated in section 44(2)(d) of the Banks Act.
Successful candidates must submit themselves to verification of qualification and security clearance.
NB: Nominations will not be considered unless all the requirements set out above are met. Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
Written Nominations must be addressed to:
The Director-General, Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services
For attention: Ms. Precious Tsolo, The Acting Chief Director, SOE Governance and Support,
Ground Floor, Block B, iParioli Office Park, 1166 Park Street, Hatfield, Pretoria
Enquiries: Tel: (012) 421 7025 or (012) 427 8243
Alternatively, email to: NEDAPPOINTMENTSAPO@dtps.gov.za
CLOSING DATE FOR NOMINATIONS: Friday, 20 September 2019