Reference Number : AVE200206-1
Job Title : General Engineering Supervisor
Operating Group : Aveng Mining
Business Unit : Shafts & Underground
Job Type Classification : Permanent
Reporting To (Job Title) : Engineering Manager
Location – Country : South Africa
Location – Province : Limpopo
Location – Town / City : Mokopane
Job Summary Statement
- Moolmans offers services across the mining value chain, from shaft sinking, underground development, contract mining and open cut mining, to construction of mine infrastructure. The operating group’s experience spans a broad range of commodities and it has worked successfully in remote and challenging locations.
- Ensure the availability of equipment, machinery and engineering infrastructure by applying sound maintenance principles and sound staff management. Ensure the successful management of all planning, procurement, surveying, construction and commissioning of new plant, structures and all civil work.
- Qualified Artisan
- At least three to five years’ experience as a General Engineering Supervisor in a sinking shaft.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to management on continuous improvement, elimination of waste, increase in productivity and cost saving.
- Provide performance specifications for processes and machinery.
- Productivity Improvement.
- Plan, organise and monitor the maintenance of machinery.
- Plan, organise and monitor maintenance work activities.
- Manage and assess the performance of individual team members.
- Ensure compliance to safety and quality policies and standards.
- Develop team members/Employees.
- Delivers QA/QC business information to the relevant stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist Maintenance Department in continuously aligning maintenance schedules to best practice or OEM recommendations.
- Assist Capital Projects with the commissioning of new machines.
- Assist with the implementation of a quality management system.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Auditing skills
- Legal knowledge
- Report writing skills
- Adhere to principles and values
- Apply good governance principles
- Enthusiastically productive
- Produce and maintain effective business results
- Take responsibility and make things happen
How To Apply: Apply Online
Closing Date : 13/02/2020